The Higher Balance Institute (www.higherbalance.com) is the world leader in advanced programs for spiritual growth and development of the sixth sense, and claims to be the most comprehensive and unique program of its kind. Their mission is to awaken the world one mind at a time.
The latest posts at the Higher Balance Institute include:
* How to Talk to a Ghost
* Myths About the Sixth Sense
* Why Should You Develop the Sixth Sense?
* 3 Quick Exercises to Keep Your Sixth Sense Strong
Here is their deep release meditation technique which has been posted on Experience Festival:
* Yoga meditation techniques
A Deep Release Meditation
By: Higher Balance Institute
Here’s a way to release daily stresses and concerns while establishing inner strength. Or, take it a step further for some inner-explorative experiences. This technique is not religious and requires no meditation experience.
Here’s a way to release daily stresses and concerns while establishing inner strength. Or, take it a step further for some inner-explorative experiences.
This technique is not religious and requires no meditation experience.
A Deep Release Meditation
Have a seat anywhere you like, and make yourself comfortable with your back straight and erect, you can cross your legs if you wish. Make sure your environment is fairly quiet and you won’t be disturbed for the next 15 minutes.
Rest your hands wherever you like and close your eyes. Take in some slow, deep breaths. Relax your shoulders and any other place there might be tension.
Now, imagine that you – the real you – are made of energy, and this energy controls the body. That is, you tell it what to do and it responds.
The ‘real you’ wishes to take a breather from all the stresses and complexities of the world and rediscover true inner-strength and clarity. (If this is hard to imagine, get ready for a surprise.)
Now, imagine you are sitting on the green banks of a meandering stream on a bright sunny morning. I want you to take something that is on your mind, a concern, and place it in the river. Like a paper boat, see this issue float downstream and out of sight.
Continue to place items in the river. Your goal is to release everything you can. As new items emerge in the mind simply place them in the river.
Your mind will begin to become quieter and quieter. – enjoy the silence.
Compare this with the following method taught to Mennonite/Christian pastors, students and missionaries at the Mark Centre (retreat centre affiliated with the BC Mennonite Brethren Conference):
• Find a quiet place and sit comfortably.
• Review scriptures that invite you to silence before God.
• Choose a meaningful word/phrase that helps you focus on God. (For example, “ABBA Father” or “Creator”)
• Be absolutely still and quiet, focusing on the presence of God.
• As thoughts and concerns come to mind, let them go by mentally reciting your word/phrase.
• Perhaps picture the thoughts/concerns floating by like boats in a river. As they go by, you don’t stop them and analyze them, you simply release them to keep floating down the river.
• Continue this process for about 20 minutes. End with a prayer.
Is anyone concerned yet?
*Related Mennonite meditation:
PRAYER PRACTICES FOR PEACEMAKERS
compiled by Marlene Kropf